Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Up and About Breakfast Stout - Bootleg Brewery Ausrtalia (5.8% ABV)


Brewed with oatmeal and coffee this is an awesome effort from the brewers at Bootleg. I have also recently tried the very well regarded Founders Breakfast Stout (USA), I preferred this "Up and About Breakfast Stout". The Founders has a lot further to travel to Western Australia, this one was brewed just before I tasted it.

Like the Founders, this is brewed with coffee and oatmeal. There is a definite coffee aroma in the glass but the flavour is very much roasted dark chocolate with a hint of vanilla. It has a silky mouth feel and is incredibly easy to drink, I loved it.

This is a one off small batch from Bootleg and will sell out, I have already been back to purchase more.

No comments: